Yes, I made quinoa muffins! I know it sounds really hipster and actually disgusting, but believe me they taste amazing!
In March I moved into a new home together with my boyfriend, so it was time for a housewarming. A great excuse to go make heaps amount of food and go all-out in my new fancy-smancy kitchen.
I also wanted to make some healthy dishes besides the millionaire shortbread. So I found this recipe from Chickslovefood, a great website with easy recipes! I slightly adjusted the recipe and this is what it looks like:
Ingredients for 16 muffins:
- 150 grams of cooked quinoa
- 6 eggs
- 150 grams of feta (I used Dodoni feta, the best one!)
- half a courgette, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl and mix together with the eggs
- Add the courgette, onion and feta into the bowl as well and add salt, pepper, chili flakes to taste.
- If you use a muffin baking tin, place baking paper in the cups and add the mixture into it. Make sure to cut them big enough, so they cover the full cup. For a silicon muffin tray, this is not neccessary.
- Place the muffin tins in the oven for about 30 minutes or until they are nicely brown.